1. Name and contact data of the party responsible for the processing and of the company data protection officer
This data privacy information applies for the data processing through:
the responsible party:
Hengst SE (hereinafter: Hengst SE),
48147 Münster GERMANY
Tel.: +49 251 20202-0
Fax: +49 251 20202-900
Legal form and registered seat: Societas Europaea, Münster
Register court: Münster HRB 16761
Managing Directors: Jens Röttgering, Christopher Heine
Chairman of the Administrative Board: Jens Röttgering
VAT ID No.: DE313827905
The company data protection officer of Hengst SE can be reached at the address cited above, to the attention of the data protection officer, or via email@example.com.
2. Collection and storage of personal data, as well as type and purpose of the use of personal data
a) When visiting the website
When accessing our website www.hengst.com through the browser used on your end device, information is automatically sent to our website server. This information is stored temporarily in a so-called log file. In this process the following information is captured without any action on your part and it is stored until the automated deletion:
• IP address of the requesting computer,
• Date and time of the access,
• Name and URL of the accessed file,
• Website from which the access occurs (referrer URL),
• Browser used and possibly your computer's operating system, as well as the name of your access provider.
The data cited above is processed by us for the following purposes:
• Ensuring a smooth connection establishment to the website,
• Ensuring a convenient use of our website,
• Evaluation of system security and system stability, as well as
• For other administrative purposes.
b) When registering for (subscribing to) our newsletter
If in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a of the GDPR you have expressly agreed, we use your email address for the purpose of regularly sending our newsletter to you. Specification of an email address suffices to receive the newsletter. It is possible to cancel (unsubscribe) at any time, for example via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively you can also send your desire to unsubscribe at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org via Email.
c) When using our contact form
For questions of any type we offer the possibility of contacting us via a form provided on the website. In this regard specification of a valid email address is required, so that we know who made the inquiry and so that we can respond to the inquiry. Other information can be provided on a voluntary basis. Data processing for the purpose of contacting us occurs in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a of the GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily provided consent. The personal data that we collect for use of the contact form will be deleted automatically after we have dealt with the inquiry you have placed.
3. Disclosure of data
Transmission of your personal data to third parties for purposes other than the purposes listed below does not take place. We only forward your data to third parties, if:
• you, in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a of the GDPR have given us express permission to do so,
• the forwarding in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f of the GDPR is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, and that there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding interest in the non-disclosure of your data,
• a statutory obligation exists for disclosure in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c of the GDPR, and
• this is legally permitted, and in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. B of the GDPR, this is necessary for the carrying out of contractual relationships with you.
5. Analysis tools
a) Tracking tools
The tracking measures that we use, which are cited below, are executed on the basis of art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f of the GDPR. With the tracking measures used we want to ensure an appropriate design and the ongoing optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use tracking measures to collect statistical data concerning the use of our website and we evaluate this data for the purpose of optimizing our offering for you. These interests must be viewed as legitimate as defined in the aforementioned regulation. The specific data processing purposes and data categories are set forth in the descriptions of the respective tracking tools.
b) Google Analytics
For the purposes of requirements-oriented design and ongoing optimization of our websites we use Google Analytics, a web-analysis service of Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter "Google"). In this regard pseudonymized use profiles are created and cookies (see number 4) are used. The information generated by the cookies concerning your use of this website such as
• Browser type/version,
• Operating system used,
• Referrer URL (the website previously visited),
• Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
• Time of the server inquiry,
is transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate use of the website, to compile reports concerning the website activities, and to provide other services associated with the use of the website and of the Internet for purposes of market research and requirements-oriented design of this website. This information will also be transmitted to third parties if necessary, if this is legally prescribed or if third parties process this data on our behalf. Under no circumstances will your IP address be linked with other data by Google. The IP addresses are anonymized, so that an allocation is not possible (IP masking). You can prevent installation of cookies by making the appropriate settings in the browser software. However, we expressly state that in this case it is possible that not all the functions of this website can be used in full scope. Moreover, you can prevent the capture of the data generated through the cookie that concerns your use of the website (incl. your IP address, as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de). As an alternative to the browser add-on, particularly for browsers on mobile end devices, in addition you can prevent data collection through Google Analytics by clicking this link: Deactivate Google Analytics. An opt-out cookie will be set that prevents future collection of your data when visiting this website. The opt-out cookie applies only in this browser and only for our website and it is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again. Additional information concerning data privacy in conjunction with Google Analytics is provided in the Google Analytics Help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
c) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
We use Google Conversion Tracking to collect statistical data concerning the use of our website and we evaluate this data for the purpose of optimizing our website for you. In this regard Google Adwords (see number 4) will place a cookie on you computer, if you reach our website via a Google ad. These cookies are invalidated after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits specific pages of the website of the Adwords customer, and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the customer can detect that the user has clicked on the ad and has been forwarded to this website. Each Adwords customer gets a different cookie. Thus cookies cannot be traced beyond the websites of Adword customers. The information obtained with the aid of the conversion cookies is used to prepare conversion statistics for Adwords customers, who have decided to use conversion tracking. Adwords customers learn the total number of users that have clicked on their ad, and that have been forwarded to a website that has a conversion tracking tag. However, they do not get any information with which users can be personally identified. If you do not want to participate in the tracking procedure, you can also refuse the setting of a cookie that is necessary for this – for example via a browser setting that automatically deactivates automatic setting of cookies in general. You can also deactivate cookies for conversion tracking by making the browser settings that ensure that cookies from the domain "www.googleadservices.com"are blocked. Google's data privacy notice concerning conversion tracking is provided here (https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html).
6. Social media plug-ins
On our website, on the basis of art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f the GDPR we use social plug-ins of the social networks Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, to make our company better known via these social networks. The underlying advertising purpose must be viewed as a legitimate interest as defined in the GDPR. The respective social network provider is responsible for ensuring operation in compliance with data protection regulations.
Social media plug-ins are used on our website to makes its use more personal. This is an offering from Facebook. If you access a page of our web presence that contains such a plug-in, your browser establishes a direct connection to the Facebook servers. The content of the plug-in is transmitted by Facebook directly to your browser and integrated by Facebook into the website. By integrating the plug-in, Facebook receives the information that your browser has accessed the respective page of our website, even if you do not have a Facebook account and even if you are not logged into Facebook at the moment. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted directly from your browser to a Facebook server in the USA and it is stored there. If you are logged into Facebook, Facebook can directly allocate your visit to our website to your Facebook account. If you interact with the plug-in, by using the "LIKE" button or "SHARE" button for example, the information will be transmitted directly to Facebook by your browser and stored there. In addition, this information will be published on Facebook and displayed to your Facebook friends. Facebook can use this information for purposes of advertising, market research, and requirements-oriented design of the Facebook pages. For this purpose, Facebook creates profiles regarding usage, interests, and relationships, e.g. to evaluate your use of our website with regard to the advertisements displayed to you on Facebook, to inform other Facebook users about your activities on our website, and to provide other services associated with the use of Facebook. If you do not want Facebook to allocate the data collected via our web presence to your Facebook account, you must log off of Facebook before you visit our website. For information concerning the purpose and extent of data collection and the further processing and use of data by Facebook, as well your rights in this regard, and settings options for the protection of your personal privacy, please see the Facebook data protection information: (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/) von Facebook.
Plug-ins of the short messaging system of Twitter Inc. (Twitter) are integrated on our network. You can identify the Twitter plug-ins (Tweet button) by the Twitter logo on our website. An overview of the Tweet buttons is provided here (https://about.twitter.com/resources/buttons). If you access a page of our web presence that contains such a plug-in, a direct connection between your browser and the Twitter server is established. Through this means Twitter obtains the information that you with your IP address have visited our website. If you click the Twitter "Tweet button" , while you are logged into your Twitter account, you can link the content of our pages to your Twitter profile. Through this means Twitter can allocate the visit to our website to your user account. We expressly state that as provider of the website we obtain no knowledge of the content of the transmitted data or of its use by Twitter. If you do not want to give Twitter the ability to allocate your visit to our website to your Twitter user account, then please log out from your Twitter user account. Additional information in this regard is provided in Twitter's Data Privacy Statement (https://twitter.com/privacy).
So-called social plug-ins ("plug-ins") of Instagram, which is operated by Instagram LLC., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA ("Instagram") are also used on our website. The plug-ins are marked with an Instagram logo, for example in the form of an "Instagram camera". If you access a page of our web presence that contains such a plug-in, your browser establishes a direct connection to the Instagram servers. The content of the plug-in is transmitted by Instagram directly to your browser and integrated by Instagram into the website. By integrating the plug-in, Instagram receives the information that your browser has accessed the respective page of our web presence, even if you do not have an Instagram profile or even if you are not logged into Instagram at the moment. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted directly from your browser to an Instagram server in the USA and it is stored there. If you are logged into Instagram, Instagram can directly allocate your visit to our website to your Instagram account. If you interact with the plug-in, by using the "Instagram" button, for example, the information will be transmitted directly to Instagram by your browser and stored there. Moreover, the information will be published on your Instagram account, where it will be displayed to your contacts. If you do not want Instagram to allocate the data collected via our web presence to your Instagram account, you must log off of Instagram before you visit our website. Additional information in this regard is provided in Instagram's Data Privacy Statement (https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388).
7. The rights of those affected
You have the right:
• In accordance with art. 15 of the GDPR to demand information from us concerning your personal data that is processed by us. In particular, you can demand information concerning the purposes of the processing, the category of the personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned duration of storage, the existence of a right of correction, deletion, restriction of, or objection to the processing, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if it was not collected by us, and concerning the existence of an automated decision-making procedure, including profiling and if necessary you can demand meaningful information concerning details thereof;
• In accordance with art. 16 of the GDPR you have the right to demand the immediate correction or completion of your personal data stored by our company;
• In accordance with art. 17 of the GDPR you have the right to demand deletion of your personal data stored by us, if the processing is not required for the exercise of the right of free expression of opinion and information, for fulfillment of a legal obligation or for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims;
• In accordance with art. 18 of the GDPR you have the right to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data if the correctness of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, you however refuse its deletion and we no longer need the data, you however need the information for establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or if in accordance with art. 21 of the GDPR you have lodged an objection to the processing;
• In accordance with art. 20 of the GDPR you have the right to demand that you receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, prevalent and machine-readable format or transmission of said personal data to a different responsible party;
• In accordance with art. 7 para. 3 of the GDPR you have the right to revoke at any time the consent that you have granted to us. This has as its consequence that we are no longer allowed for the future to continue with the data processing on which this consent was based and
• In accordance with art. 77 of the GDPR you have te right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory government agency As a rule, for this purpose you can contact the responsible supervisory government agency for your usual place of residence or the responsible supervisory government agency for our headquarters.
8. Right of objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f of the GDPR, you have the right as set forth in art. 21 of the GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data that arises from your particular situation or that is directed to the objection against direct advertising. In the latter case you have a general right of objection, which will be implemented by us without specification of a particular situation. If you want to exercise your right of revocation or objection, an email to email@example.com suffices.
9. Data security
Within the website visit we use the popular SSL (Secure Socket Layer) procedure in conjunction with the highest level of encryption that is supported by your browser. As rule this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support a 256-bit encryption, then instead we fall-back on 128-bit v3 technology. You can tell whether a specific page of our web presence is transmitted with encryption by the depiction of a closed key symbol or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser. In all other aspects we use suitable technical and organizational measures to protect your data against random or willful manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or from unauthorized third-party access. Our security measures are subject to continuous improvement in accordance with technological development.
10. Topicality and amendment of this Data Privacy Statement
This Data Privacy Statement is currently valid and has the status of May 2018. Through the further development of our website and offerings thereby provided, or due to changed statutory or government agency requirements it may be necessary to amend this Data Privacy Statement. You can call-up and print-out the current Data Privacy Statement at any time on the website at www.hengst.com/en/serviceinformation/privacy-policy/.